Purpose: To administer and protect the use of the member contact information by COA and others
Privacy of COA Member Contact Information
COA respects the privacy of its member’s contact information, including e-mail addresses. This information is used by COA to communicate with members on all aspects of COA business activities and optometric profession information. Additionally, the contact information is shared with American Optometric Association and COA local societies to communicate with members on all aspects of the organizations business activities and related optometric profession information. COA may share members’ contact information with other doctors of optometry, companies, sponsors, exhibitors, and COA business partners in order to provide them an opportunity to offer products, services, or information that may be of interest. Governed by COA policy and will not be shared if you so request.
COA uses member contact information for the following purposes:
- COA dues invoices and statements.
- COA electronic and printed publications.
- COA events, product and services announcements and related marketing.
- Electronic and printed publications, such as, event, product and service announcements and marketing conducted by the American Optometric Association and COA local societies.
Collection of personal information by offline and online methods:
- COA collects personal information using offline methods, such as by postal mail, facsimile or phone, when you request information from COA, purchase of goods and services from COA, apply to become a member of COA (or renew your membership) and other activities in which you participate with COA. We may collect personal information about you from sources other than you, in connection with our providing goods and services to you.
- COA collects personal information using online methods through the COA websites by direct means and automatic means. By direct means, we collect personal information when you register on one or more of the sites or otherwise submit information electronically to us. If you are a COA member at the time of registration, you will be asked to confirm the personal information in our membership records, including, for example, your name, postal address, email address, American Optometric Association member number, and California optometric license number. If you are not a COA member at the time of registration, you will be asked to submit such personal information on our site registration page.
- We also collect personal information directly from you when you purchase or otherwise obtain or request goods and services online from COA or its service providers through the COA websites. You may also directly submit personal information about yourself when you participate in any of our online features, such as our forums or blogs, submit advertisements to our classified listing or comments to our COA website, or engage in any email correspondence or other communications by means of the COA websites.
COA reserves the right to change this policy at any time. When changes are made they will be posted to the COA website immediately.