We need you!
California Vision Foundation (CVF) needs you to be a volunteer. Assist your local community by signing up to provide free eye exams to low-income individuals in your area. All patients must go through an application process in which we determine if they qualify. Each patient receives a free, tax deductible, eye exam and glasses and our participating laboratories will fill the patient prescription.
What you need to know:
- You will be asked to provide a standard free eye exam. CVF does not cover contact lens exams.
- Patients are classified as low income, they have no insurance that covers eye exams, and they have not had an eye exam in the last 24 months.
- Qualified patients receive a letter with their volunteer doctor’s name, address, and phone number. They have 60 days to contact the doctor to set up an appointment. Failure to do so results in disqualification.
- Within 60 days of patient letters being sent, CVF will follow up to make sure the patient has contacted your office for an appointment.
- You could receive the CVF OD of the Year award.
Currently we are in need for assistance in Los Angeles and Salinas as well as the immediate surrounding areas.