New California Optometric Association Website Offers One-Stop Resources for Eye and Vision Health
Sacramento, CA. January 19, 2012.
The California Optometric Association (COA), California’s leading organized community of optometrists, launched a new website at www.coavision.org that gives Californians a valuable, one-stop collection of online resources to address all of their eye and vision health needs.
“COA is dedicated to providing Californians with the best resources for eye and vision health,” said Page Yarwood, OD and president of COA. “Our new website is an excellent tool for both COA optometrists and the patients they serve.”
The Eye Help section of the website helps Californians find a nearby COA optometrist. It also includes a wide range of tips and information to maintain optimal eye health throughout the year. For example, the following are winter eye care tips from COA:
- Keep Hands Clean: Keeping hands clean is an important step to avoid getting sick and spreading germs. Wash hands frequently and avoid touching your eyes to prevent the spread of the flu and eye-related illnesses like conjunctivitis.
- Wear Eye Protection for Winter Sports: Snow sport enthusiasts should use properly fitted, sports-rated eyewear that filters out 100 percent of UV light to prevent temporary eye irritation or permanent eye damage.
- Get a Comprehensive Eye Exam: Whether you are having issues with your eyes or not, it is important to schedule an annual eye exam, as most eye problems are not noticeable in the early stages.
Other website resources include links to:
- InfantSEE®: A public health program designed by the American Optometric Association to ensure that eye and vision care is an integral part of infant wellness.
- California Vision Foundation: A charitable organization dedicated to preventing vision loss and enhancing eye health through public education and the provision of services to medically underserved Californians.
A COA doctor’s blog, frequently asked questions, and informational and entertaining videos are coming soon.
About the California Optometric Association
Established in 1899, the California Optometric Association is California's oldest organized community for optometrists. Representing optometrists thoughout the state, COA is dedicated to ensuring the highest quality of health care for the public through the advancement of optometry. Learn more at www.coavision.org, www.Facebook.com/CaliforniaOptometric and www.Twitter.com/COA_Vision.