Membership in the California Optometric Association is tripartite; you also become a member of the American Optometric Association as well as a local society within your geographical location in California, all of which provides you with local, state and national representation. COA works on your behalf to:
- Protect your license to practice in California
- Represent the interests of optometrists in the California legislature and the courts.
- Advocate for a position in the regulatory and health care systems and for the inclusion in managed care programs
- Promote access and enhance the public’s perception of comprehensive optometric health care
- Offer quality continuing education programs to meet license requirements
Note: Did you know that failure to post in the workplace the USCIS Discrimination Notice can result in severe civil financial penalties? It is one of the 16 employment-related posters required to be placed in the workplace by every employer. COA makes these posters available to members at a significant savings. To learn more click HERE OR get your required employment law poster now!
- Governmental & Legislative support
- Legislative Keyperson Training
- Subscriptions to COA publications:
- Find An Eye Doc online locator service listings
- Members Only access to COA Online, including up-to-date legislative issues
- Registration discounts for COA educational conferences
- Membership Pin
- Office Membership Plan to enroll staff in the California Paraptometric Section
- Access to special member services: