We need you!
California Vision Foundation (CVF) needs you to be a volunteer. Assist your local community by signing up to provide free eye exams to low-income individuals in your area. All patients must go through an application process in which we determine if they qualify. Each patient receives a free, tax deductible, eye exam and glasses and our participating laboratories will fill the patient prescription.
What you need to know:
- You will be asked to provide a standard free eye exam. CVF does not cover contact lens exams.
- Patients are classified as low income, they have no insurance that covers eye exams, and they have not had an eye exam in the last 24 months.
- Qualified patients receive a letter with their volunteer doctor’s name, address, and phone number. They have 60 days to contact the doctor to set up an appointment. Failure to do so results in disqualification.
- Within 60 days of patient letters being sent, CVF will follow up to make sure the patient has contacted your office for an appointment.
- You could receive the CVF OD of the Year award.
Currently we are in need for assistance in Los Angeles and Salinas as well as the immediate surrounding areas.
Check out our Patient Eligibility page!