Applications & What to Expect
If you'd like to be a patient of the California Vision Foundation (CVF) your first step is to fill out an application! Applicants are first come, first served so don't wait - get yours in today!
Click >>>here<<< to print an application
- Make sure your application is filled out completely. Your incomplete application will be returned for correction. We need this information in order to make sure you qualify - which could delay approval and your office visit.
- CVF only accepts Cash or Money Order(s) to be mailed in with your application. Personal checks are never accepted.
- The application fee is $10.00 per person. The fee cannot be waived for any reason.
- Distance you're willing to travel must be 10 miles or more. We will try our best to get closer if we have a doctor available.
- If you have participated with this program before, you are more than welcome to request that doctor again; however, CVF cannot guarantee you will see that doctor.
IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE OR THERE IS AN ISSUE WITH THE APPLICATION, YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED WITHIN 3-10 BUSINESS DAYS VIA MAIL
What to Expect:
Once an individual has qualified for the program, every attempt will be made to match them with a volunteer optometrist in their area. Optometrist are donating their services and are, therefore, limited in some areas. Waiting times depend on the number of available appointments and the amount of qualified applicants in any particular area. An average waiting period is 2 to 3 months, but can vary from city to city.
All applicants who have been matched to an optometrist will receive a letter in the mail containing the name, address, and telephone number of the optometrist that they can call to schedule an appointment. Appointments will not be scheduled for patients who fail to contact the optometrist's office within 60 days of receiving notification of eligibility. If you do not contact your provider in the allotted time, you will be required to re-apply and pay the fee for the program.
- Extensions cannot be given due the number of applicants.
- Once you are assigned a doctor that is the ONLY doctor you are approved for. Doctor changes will not be made.
Every attempt is made to assign members of the same family or household to the same doctor, but individuals will be sent to different doctors if it allows them to be seen in a shorter time frame. While up to four people in a household may use just one application to apply for the program, all individuals who qualify for the program will receive their own letter detailing the doctor they have been assigned to.